We Need Your Help: Burma Military Resumes Offensive, Rohingya Targeted
Burma Task Force is urging the public to call the offices of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and the US Ambassador to Burma Scot Marciel among others. You can help us reach our goal of 10,000 calls this week.
The Rohingya are in the crossfires of the Burmese military which has initiated yet ANOTHER military offensive to supposedly root out militants. Once again we are seeing reports of Rohingya villages being surrounded by the military forces and innocent civilians being killed, kidnapped and tortured.
In the last military offensive from October 2016-March 2017 over 1,000 Rohingya were killed, whole villages were burned to the ground, 52% of women interviewed by the UN reported being raped, and overall 75,000 Rohingya fled to Bangladesh.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
Department of State, 2201 C Street NW
Washington DC 20520
Main Switchboard 202-647-2663
Canadian Foreign Minister
The Honourable Chrystia Freeland MP:
Twitter: @MinCanadaFA and @cafreeland. Please Re-Tweet this & thank!
Global Affairs Facebook: click here.
- Because of the recent harsh repression and mass rape of Rohingya, the current troop build-up creates panic in Rakhine State and is counter-productive, hurting the cause of coexistence. State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi must rein in her military immediately.
- The Myanmar Parliament must not pass legal resolutions to declare that there are no Rohingya in Burma.
- Burma must restore the citizenship of Rohingya.
- Bangladesh must allow all Rohingya full access to humanitarian agencies on their own soil.
- Support the UN investigation into mass rape, killing, and other abuses. We must all demand the Government of Burma permit the UN investigation team to enter Burma.